Cardiac Valve Replacement Surgery at World Class Hospital in India
- IndiaCarez offers the best treatment for valvular heart diseases in India and abroad. Equipped with the best surgical talent and cutting edge technology, Indiacarez affiliate hospitals ensure nothing but the best treatment and after care to its patients.
- World renowned surgeons with years of expertise in the field of valve repair and replacement using both traditional and minimally invasive approaches form the core team.
- Surgeries of the heart valves are also done using the latest robotic surgery technique which gives the best outcome minimizing human error.
- Indiacarez affiliate hospitals are supported by state of art operation theatre, excellent diagnostic facilities and dedicated nursing and rehab staff that help in the holistic recovery of the patient.
Post a Query
What is Heart Valve Repair or Replacement Surgery?
The valves of the heart are located within the chambers of the heart. The valves control the flow of blood through the heart by opening and closing during the contractions of the heart.
The four valves are known as:
- The tricuspid valve.
- The pulmonic or pulmonary valve.
- The mitral valve or bicuspid valve.
- The aortic valve .
Request a Call Back
Heart Valve Repair Surgery :
The valve repair surgery can usually be done on congenital valve defects and has a good success record with treating mitral valve or bicuspid valve defects.
Some procedures used by doctors to repair a valve includes
- Valvuloplasty : In this method the surgeons us a ring-like device to attach around the outside of the valve opening. It strengthens and provide more support and to let the valve close tightly.
- Commissurotomy : This procedure is used for narrowed valves, where the leaflets are thickened. The surgeon opens the valve by cutting the points where the leaflets meet.
- Reshaping: In this procedure the surgeon cuts out a section of a leaflet then the leaflet is sewn back together which enables the valve to close properly.
- Decalcification:In this procedure calcium is removed from the leaflets. Once the calcium buildup is removed, the leaflets can close properly.
- Patching: It covers holes or tears in the leaflets with a tissue patch.
Post a Query
Non-Surgical Valve Repair :
Minimal incision valve surgery does not require a large incision or cutting through the entire breastbone. Minimally invasive heart surgery (also called keyhole surgery) is performed through small incisions, sometimes using specialized surgical instruments The incision used for minimally invasive heart surgery is about 3 to 4 inches instead of the 6- to 8-inch incision required for traditional surgery.
The surgeon gains access to the heart through one to three smaller, less visible incisions that can be made between the ribs or a smaller breastbone incision, as well as one small incision in the groin.
The diseased valve can be repaired or replaced through one or more of the ports between the ribs, with the surgeon looking at the heart directly through a small tube-shaped camera.
Request a Call Back
What is valve replacement?
In heart valve replacement surgery the surgeon removes the damaged valve and replaces with a new artificial valve. In some cases the patients may need more than one valve repaired or replaced.
The aortic and the mitral valve are the most commonly replaced valves. Pulmonary and tricuspid valve replacements are uncommon in adults.
Two kinds of valves are used for replacement
- Mechanical valves: They are usually made from materials such as plastic, carbon, or metal. Mechanical valves are strong, and long lasting. They do not wear out or break down. It will last a patient’s lifetime. They eliminate the mortality risk inherent in the replacement of a worn out tissue valve.
- Biological valves: They are made from animal tissue or the human tissue of a donated heart (called homograft). Sometimes, a patient’s own tissue can be used for valve replacement. These valves are not as strong when compared with mechanical valves and they may need to be replaced every 10 years or so. Biological valves break down even faster and are used most often in elderly patients.
Refer a Patient
Minimally invasive heart surgery offers many advantages it may include:
- Lower risk of bleeding and blood transfusion.
- Lower risk of infection.
- Reduced trauma and pain
- The incision used for minimally invasive heart surgery is about 3 to 4 inches which results in smaller and less noticeable scars
What People say about us
“We are so glad we found IndiaCarez on the web, we chose it because it offered the best and most comprehensive information and assistance package Our expectations were more than realised by the whole experience. The medical facilities and the skill of the team were first class and never before in our life we were looked after by so many kind and caring people. You have changed our life and we spent a fraction of what we spent earlier for similar treatment in UK.” Jones and George, From UK
Write to us for a Free No Obligation Opinion and cost Estimate for Cardiac Valve Replacement Surgery in India.
Please scan and email your medical reports for a Free, No Obligation Opinion from India’s leading Surgeons/ Specialist Doctors at India’s Best Hospitals with in 48 Hours of receipt.
- Email to us [email protected] or [email protected]
- WhatsApp – Or you can take a picture of the medical reports with your phone camera and send to us by Whatsapp on +91 98 9999 3637
————— Why Choose Us ? Benefit from our Expertise. —————
Get Free Consultation From Top Doctors In India On WhatsApp
Use your Smartphone and take a picture of the patient’s medical reports with your phone camera and send to us by WhatsApp on +919899993637
Expert Medical Opinion and Treatment Estimate shall be sent with 48 hours. It’s a Free, No-Obligation Service from IndiaCarez.com …Click Here to Call Us or Message Us on WhatsApp