Colon Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Rectal Cancer, Cancer – rectum, Adenocarcinoma Colon Treatment at World Class Hospitals in India
Colorectal cancer, commonly known as bowel cancer is the third most commonly diagnosed cancer in the world, but it is more common in developed countries. Its symptoms usually are rectal bleeding and anaemia associated with weight loss and changes in bowel habits.
Colorectal Cancer initially starts in the lining of the bowel and if left untreated, can grow into the muscle layers underneath, and then through the bowel wall. Cancers that are confined within the wall of the colon are often curable with surgery. In more advanced stages Chemotherapy is helpful in extending the person life and improving quality of life.
Request a Call Back
How is for Colon Cancer diagnosed?
- Colonoscopy: An endoscope is inserted into the rectum and advanced through the colon, through this the doctor can examine the entire colon.
- Diagnosis is confirmed with a colon biopsy – Stage of disease is confirmed by pathologists and imaging tests, such as computerized tomography (CT or CAT) scans.
- Endoscopic ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) may also be used to stage rectal cancer.
- Sigmoidoscopy: In this an endoscope is interested in the rectum and moved through the left side of the colon. It cannot be used to view the middle and right sides of the colon.
- Fecal occult blood test (FOBT) along with Complete blood count (CBC) to check for anemia and CT , MRI or PET scans of the abdomen, pelvic area.
Refer a Patient
Treatment Options available for Colon Cancer at Top Cancer Hospitals in India
Medical Oncology : Diagnoses the treatment of all hematological malignancies( liquid tumor) as well as treating a spectrum of solid tumors with chemotherapy.
Radiation Therapy : Radiation Oncology involves treating cancer using radiation in the form of high energy rays or particles . Radiation therapy is an effective way to treat many cancers either as the sole treatment or in combination with surgery or chemotherapy.
Brachytherapy : This involves precise placement of radiation sources directly at the source of the cancerous tumor , and it affects only the localized area around the radiation source.. This is mainly used for cancers of the prostate ,breast, head and neck,uterus, thyroid ,cervix in combination of external radiation therapy.
Post a Query
How is Minimal Invasive Laparoscopic Colon Cancer Surgery performed?
- The surgeon enters the abdomen by placing a canula (a narrow tube like instrument) into the abdomen (belly) through a small incision (½ — ¼ inch).
- Carbon Dioxide gas is pumped into the abdomen through the port (cannula) to puff-up or inflate the belly, making working room for the surgeon.
- A laparoscope (a tiny telescope connected to a video camera) is placed through the canula, and allows the surgeon to see a magnified lighted view of the internal organs on a TV monitor.
- 2 to 4 other canulas are inserted to allow use of special instruments to work inside the abdominal cavity (belly).
- If a portion of the colon is removed, one of the small canula incisions is slightly enlarged to permit removal of the tissue.
Request a Call Back
Advantages of Minimal Invasive Laparoscopic Colon Cancer Surgery
- Minimally invasive, Less surgical trauma, shorter hospitalization, Improved cosmetic results.
- Reduced post operative pain, faster recovery and return to daily activities and normal diet.
- Less postoperative pain killer requirement.
What People say about us
After three years of pain, difficulty walking, and an inability to work, I have finally entered a new hopeful and exciting chapter in my life. Because of the absolute impossibility of finding a facility that could help me, I searched on the internet and found my surgeon Dr Sarup an exceptional and experienced surgeon , a solution that has changed my life.
The surgery was painless for me. The rehabilitation was strict and very effective, the nursing and the support staff were all trained, kind and infinitely caring.
-Ms Njoku Joyce, Nigeria
Post a Query
Write to us for a Free No Obligation Opinion and cost Estimate for Colon Cancer Treatment in India.
Please scan and email your medical reports for a Free, No Obligation Opinion from India’s leading Surgeons/ Specialist Doctors at India’s Best Hospitals with in 48 Hours of receipt.
————— Why Choose Us ? Benefit from our Expertise. —————