Liver Cancer Treatment at World Class Cancer Hospitals in India
The Liver continuously filters blood that circulates through the body, converting nutrients and drugs absorbed from the digestive tract into ready-to-use chemicals. The liver performs many other important functions, such as removing toxins and other chemical waste products from the blood and readying them for excretion. Because all the blood in the body must pass through it, the liver is unusually accessible to cancer cells travelling in the bloodstream.
When cancer develops in the liver, the cells change and grow in an abnormal way. As the cancer grows it forms a group of cells called a tumor. This tumor can cause a blockage and result in symptoms like pain and jaundice. When cancer starts in the liver, it is called primary liver cancer. But when cancer starts somewhere else in the body and spreads to the liver, it is called secondary liver cancer.
Diagnosis of Liver Cancer
- Blood tests
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scan
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Liver Biopsy
- Needle Biopsy
- Large Core Needle Biopsy
Refer a Patient
Treatment Options available for Liver Cancer at Top Cancer Hospitals in India
- Partial Hepatectomy : Surgery to liver Cancer specialist in indiaremove part of the liver is called partial hepatectomy. This operation is only attempted if the person is healthy enough and all of the tumor can be removed while leaving enough healthy liver behind. Unfortunately, most liver cancers cannot be completely removed. Often the cancer has spread beyond the liver, has become very large, or is in too many different parts of the liver.
- Liver Transplant : When it is available, a liver transplant may be the best option for some people with small liver cancers. At this time, liver transplants are reserved for those with small tumors (either 1 tumor smaller than 5 cm across or 2 to 3 tumors no larger than 3 cm) that have not invaded nearby blood vessels. In most cases, transplant is used for tumors that cannot be totally removed, either because of the location of the tumors or because the liver is too diseased for the patient to withstand removing part of it.
Post a Query
Chemotherapy : Chemotherapy is a medication that is usually given intravenously or as a pill. It goes to the bloodstream and throughout the body to kill cancer cells. This is one of the big advantages of chemotherapy. If cancer cells have broken off from the tumor and are somewhere else inside the body, chemotherapy has the chance of finding those cells and killing them.
Radiation therapy : Another potential method of treating liver cancer is radiation therapy . The radiation comes in the form of high energy x-rays that are delivered to the patient only in the areas at highest risk for cancer. These x-rays are similar to those used for diagnostic x-rays, only of a much high energy. The high energy of x-rays in radiation therapy results in damage to the DNA of cells. Because cancer cells are not as good as normal, healthy cell at repairing DNA damage, radiation results in relatively more damage to the cancer cells than to normal cells.
Nonsurgical Treatments for Liver Cancer at World Class Hospitals in India
- Chemoembolization : Before Insertion of the tiny particles that block the blood flow an anticancer drug is injected into the artery. The drug stays in the liver for longer without blood flow, and thus the impact is more.
- Radiofrequency Ablation : For inoperable liver tumors, radiofrequency ablation (RFA) offers a nonsurgical, localized treatment that kills the tumor cells with heat, while sparing the healthy liver tissue. Thus, this treatment is much easier on the patient than systemic therapy.
- Cryosurgery : It is a treatment that uses an instrument to freeze and destroy abnormal tissue, such as cancerous cells. This type of treatment is also called Cryotherapy. The doctor may use ultrasound to guide the instrument.
- Percutaneous Ethanol Injection : Percutaneous ethanol injection is a cancer treatment in which a small needle is used to inject ethanol (alcohol) directly into a tumor to kill cancer cells. The procedure may be done once or twice a week. Usually local anesthesia is used, but if the patient has many tumors in the liver, general anesthesia may be needed.
- Hyperthermia Therapy : Hyperthermia therapy is a type of treatment in which body tissue is exposed to high temperatures to damage and kill cancer cells or to make cancer cells more sensitive to the effects of radiation and certain anticancer drugs. Because some cancer cells are more sensitive to heat than normal cells are, the cancer cells die and the tumor shrinks.
- Biologic Therapy : Biologic therapy is a treatment that uses the patient’s immune system to fight cancer. Substances made by the body or made in a laboratory are used to boost, direct, or restore the body’s natural defenses against cancer. This type of cancer treatment is also called biotherapy or immunotherapy.
Request a Call Back
What People say about us
“After three years of pain, difficulty walking, and an inability to work, I have finally entered a new hopeful and exciting chapter in my life. Because of the absolute impossibility of finding a facility that could help me, I searched on the internet and found my surgeon Dr Sarup an exceptional and experienced surgeon , a solution that has changed my life.
The surgery was painless for me. The rehabilitation was strict and very effective, the nursing and the support staff were all trained, kind and infinitely caring.”
Ms.Njoku Joyce, Nigeria
Write to us for a Free No Obligation Opinion and cost Estimate for Liver Cancer Surgery in India.
Please scan and email your medical reports for a Free, No Obligation Opinion from India’s leading Surgeons/ Specialist Doctors at India’s Best Hospitals with in 48 Hours of receipt.
- Email to us [email protected] or [email protected]
- WhatsApp – Or you can take a picture of the medical reports with your phone camera and send to us by Whatsapp on +91 98 9999 3637
—————- Why Choose Us ? Benefit from our Expertise. —————-